Third, why do I need a California VIN verification?
The VIN Verification process is exactly as it says, to verify the vehicle identification number of the vehicle. This process ensures that the vehicle actually exists (not just on paper), and second, that the vehicle identification number on the vehicle itself matches what is on the title. To obtain a VIN verifier’s license is inexpensive and relatively easy – the training to become a verifier is minimal, however, the task that a Socal VIN verification entails is very important in protecting the public against theft, fraud and any other type of illegal things some people want to try to do. It’s a preventative measure to facilitate catching activity that is fraudulent. As an example, let’s say that you have a Vehicle with VIN number 1GCEC1111XXXXXXX, and there’s already a vehicle with that same VIN number in the CA DMV data base or another state’s DMV – this is an automatic trigger that there is something wrong. I would like to consider a vehicle verifier a gatekeeper against fraud to many degrees.
Requirements to Register an Out of State Vehicles in California
In addition to offer verification services for your vehicles we are closely associated with a registration service called Quick Auto Tags – call them to get your vehicle licensed & titled. Listed below are some of the other requirements & documents you will need to get your vehicle registered in California:
- Your out of state title, MSO (manufacturer’s statement of origin), or registration card (if you’re only registering your car).
- For all gas powered & some diesel powered vehicles, you must get a smog.
- For commercial vehicles, pickup trucks (this includes small pickups, like El Caminos) you must get a California Weight-master Certificate.
- For all cars, trucks, coach trailers and most PTI trailers (some exceptions apply with PTI trailers)
- PTI trailer exception: If you have a brand new trailer that falls within the permanent trailer category, and it has an MSO, and it was purchased out of state, you will not have to get one
Other Reasons I May Need a California VIN verification?
The VIN verification process is mostly used for bringing in vehicles that are not in the DMV database into the DMV system, however, it is also used for other reasons by the DMV and other entities. Below I will list a few of those scenarios:
- Vehicle was in a tow yard, the tow yard initiated a lien sale, the owner of the vehicle has recovered their vehicle from the tow yard but there is a lien authorized on file. To lift the lien authorized the DMV uses the VIN verification process to confirm that the registered owner has recovered their vehicle and has physical possession of the vehicle once again.
- You have a large commercial truck registered through IRP (international registration program). The IRP unit wants you to get a VIN verification to confirm the mileage (this process documents the mileage for them).
- Your vehicle is being converted from one type of vehicle to another (change in body type model). An example of this is, you have a 2021 Ram 3500 that is registered as a pickup, but now you put a camper shell on it, and it is now a pickup mounted camper (PM) changing it into an automobile.
- Your vehicle has fallen off of the DMV system and it needs to be re-introduced into the DMV system. (Our parent company Quick Auto Tags is a license registration service and can help you out with this).
- The VIN on my car does not match the VIN on my title – this is a simple fix that the California verification process can fix this.
Verifying Multiple Vehicles
Some individuals or companies may have multiple vehicles to get a vehicle verification on. For this scenario, by far, the #1 solution is to have a mobile VIN verifier come to your location and get all your VIN verification done. Call us to make an appointment: 714-627-9211
Where Can I Get a California VIN verification?
VIN Verification in Riverside County
Getting your new vehicle identification number verified does not always have to be a complicated and lengthy process. Residents in Riverside, Bernardino, & San Diego, have options when it comes to this. Quick VIN Verification makes it easy for you to get quick verifications for your licensed vehicle. Contact us or visit our business website if you are in need of our services.
Did you know that you do not have to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, or Los Angeles for all your car needs? The communities listed below may utilize alternative methods for their verifications. We are certain that you do not consider that it may be a beautiful drive to get to the DMV’s offices. In fact, many people may see red lights when they think of this. This is where we come into the picture if you are in Riverside County or surrounding counties, such as the San Bernardino county. It is time to find services that work for your benefit and convenience.
What Is a VIN Verification?
Vehicle identification number verifications are physical inspections on your motor vehicles that are registered. This is required for specific vehicles and certain reasons. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has specific requirements for this. Verifications are not to provide a report of the vehicle’s history but rather to perform a physical inspection of the model, type, make, mileage, year, and GVRW.
Vehicles that require verifications are:
- A motor vehicle without a DMV record.
- Out of state or foreign vehicles.
- Motors with a changed body configuration that require a new body type model.
It is a unique number assigned to your motor vehicle which distinguishes your car, truck, trailer, or motorcycle from others. It is a vital process in San Bernardino and various other counties, such as Orange County, as it helps to prevent theft and fraud.
How Do I Get My VIN Verified?
The DMV is not the only place where you can get your VIN verified. Verification services at the Department of Motor Vehicles are not a quick service, and they are often a mission. It is a red flag for many. To get there may also not be the simplest task. You can wait for a very long time if you rely on the DMV. You can go to a private business that can verify your vehicle identification number for you. Going to a business like this in your city or county is a much more convenient process for you, despite the extra charges.
In order for a licensed vehicle verifier to offer the service, you need to:
- Have your vehicle, as it is a physical inspection.
- Bring along any supporting documents, such as registration, title, or bill of sale.
- Provide a form Reg 31 – The DMV employees or licensed vehicle verifier completes this for you. You can get this form online; however, many licensed verifiers already have the form. It is important to read through the form properly.
The pricing of the verification depends on what method you use. If you choose to go to the DMV or CHP, you are not going to get charged. If you decide to use the services of a licensed vehicle verifier, there is a fee. The DMV does not come to you to complete the verification, whereas an independent company does. Therefore, depending on what option you choose, there are different things that need to be done to get your vehicle identification number verified.
How Do I Get a VIN Verification in Riverside County?
If you are in the California area, you can get vehicle identification number verifications done in various ways. You can go to the DMV; however, Quick VIN Verifications in San Bernardino can provide a more efficient service.
Whether you are based in San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Fontana, Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, or the Ventura counties, the procedure you have to follow is the same. Whether you go to the DMV or a VIN verify place, a verifier has to complete the same process.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a VIN Verification?
DMV VIN verification does not have a fee or charge. Depending on what licensed vehicle verifier you choose, the prices are going to differ. There may also be a different price for a specific type of vehicle and whether the verifiers have to travel to you or not. The listed price of Quick VIN Verifications in San Bernardino in California are as follows:
- In our offices/ On-site: $25
- Our verifiers come to you/ Off-site: $50 if the location is within 10 miles. If the distance is further, the cost depends on the mileage.
There may be charges above any listed price with regards to traveling in our business. For example, suppose you live in San Bernardino, Orange County, Fontana, Palm Springs, Riverside County, or any other areas around the city. In that case, you are going to be charged differently based on the distance.
Please contact us or check our website to assess your particular situation. In this way, we can help you out with the entire registration process. Please be aware that there may be additional charges above any listed price for a specific County rate fee.
Why Choose Quick VIN Verifications in San Bernardino as Your Go to Company or Business?
We offer our services in a wide range of areas throughout the city of California. If you are located in Riverside County, San Bernardino, San Diego, Los Angeles County, Orange County, or a few unincorporated areas, we can assist you. Many of the communities listed below may be quite a distance and may be a beautiful drive to get to, but we are willing to go the distance for you.
If you are based in Riverside County, we can assist you in:
- Canyon Lake
- Cathedral City
- Cherry Valley
- Desert Hot Springs
- Indian Wells
- Jurupa Valley
- La Quinta
- Mira Lorna
- Moreno Valley
- Palm Springs
- Rancho Mirage
- San Jacinto
The San Bernardino areas we conduct businesses services in include:
- Apple Valley
- Grand Terrace
- Big Bear
- Chino Hills
- Joshua Tree
- Lake Arrowhead
- Lorna Linda
- Lytle Creek
- Rancho Cucamonga
- San Bernardino
- Twentynine Palms
- Yucca Valley
If you are in Orange County, you can contact us if you are based in:
- Aliso Viejo
- Buena Park
- Costa Mesa
If you are in these counties, you do not need to worry about finding a VIN verify place. We have got you covered.
Quick VIN Verifications’ mission is to provide you with efficient and quick verifications so that you can get back to your busy lives. We understand that you cannot spend large amounts of time on a matter such as this, and our services reflect that. Our business is the vehicle verifier you choose, and we come to you! You do not have to worry about getting to the DMV.
We can take care of all your car, motorcycle, truck, and trailer verification needs. We are also licensed to register and transfer the vehicle into your name. Contact us via email, text, or phone call so that we can assist you by answering all your queries.
The Differences Between The DMV, Independent Verifiers, and the CHP
The main differences can be narrowed down to price and convenience. There may be additional charges associated with a specific County rate fee when it comes to private verifiers, but this is covered up with regards to the time you are saving. If you are looking at visiting the CHP in Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, or any County, you are going to have to make an appointment beforehand. The Department of Motor Vehicles does provide these services freely; however, to get there, it may cost you a great deal of time and money. They do not travel to you. Private verifiers work around your convenience. Contact the necessary business and read all the relevant information before making your final decision.
What Vehicles Can a Licensed Vehicle Verifier Not Process?
There are specific motor vehicle identification number registrations that cannot be processed by a company, as the request would be rejected by the DMV. These vehicles include:
- A junked or salvaged vehicle – Only the DMV or CHP can perform this registration process.
- Motorcycles with no record on the California database.
- Any post-1970 motor vehicle that has no federal label.
Please be aware of these incidents; you should see red if any business says they can offer this. Do not waste your time or money at any licensed vehicle VIN verifier or company with one of these vehicles. It is guaranteed that the request is going to be denied or rejected by the DMV office.
What Happens During a VIN Inspection?
During a VIN verify process, the vehicle verifier is going to perform a physical examination to check that the vehicle identification number on your vehicle matches the ownership or title document. A form is completed to state that this has been completed and correct. Read through all the information in detail to ensure that no mistakes have been made.
The procedure is often simple in San Bernardino, Riverside County, Orange County, and other counties. You choose whether you are going to the Department of Motor Vehicles, the CPH, or a private licensed business. Read the form in detail and sign the bottom of it. This must then be taken to the department in San Bernardino, Riverside County, or the relevant county so that the title can be issued. You do this process if the number on your car does not correspond with the title, if information needs to be changed, or if you have purchased a new type of car, truck, or motorcycle.
When Do You Need to Get VIN Verifications Done in San Bernardino, San Diego?
This procedure may seem pointless to many people, but these services have a purpose. Verifiers must conduct this business service when:
- The vehicle is coming to California from another country or state.
- A brand new vehicle has been bought from a manufacturer both in and out of California.
- You have converted the body type model of the vehicle. This change has to be communicated to the DMV, which is going to require registration of the change. There are times when an insurance company needs details of the difference too.
- The California DMV needs to confirm that you have physical possession of the vehicle.
- A correction of the year on your title needs to be performed.
- You need to correct the vehicle identification number as the title and vehicle do not correspond.
- Older vehicles that are no longer on the DMV system need to be verified and reintroduced onto the DMV system by a licensed vehicle verifier.
- Vehicles on the San Bernardino IRP program need to VIN verify their mileage.
- There is a mistake on your odometer report – A licensed vehicle verifier can correct this.
- Any general corrections need to be made. People can often make mistakes when inserting the necessary information.
- You wish to convert your motor vehicle from an automobile to a commercial car or vice versa.
Contact Us Today!
Vehicle identification number verifications are one of those tasks that we hate doing but cannot avoid. If you are based in the San Bernardino location or any of the counties mentioned above, you do not have to dread this activity due to our business. Our services ensure that your safety and satisfaction are prioritized. Choose the faster and easier option.
Have you ever been interested in joining the verifier business? Please feel free to contact us if you would like to figure out how this works. We can assist you with regards to this as well.
Contact us or visit our website if you are in need of these business services. From Grand Terrace to Apple Valley, Lorna Linda, Fontana, Rancho Mirage, Desert Hot Springs, Rancho Cucamonga, and certain unincorporated areas, we are willing to drive the distance for your safety! R